Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cut & Paste of Material data

spiritriderspiritrider Member, csevp Posts: 30 PRO
After assigning material to a part, and bringing up the material dialog box, I would like to print the data from the dialog box. Even if it could be cut and paste would be helpful. There are times when my customer wants part weights from models created, it would be great to cut and paste right to an email to the customer to save a step of copying data then typing the data.

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @spiritrider Are you referring to the material dialog when you assign the material?

Those values are only the density of the material not the weight of the part..  If you click on the mass properties button  you can copy like this:

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Is Type your comment
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    @lougallo can a small print and copy icons be added to the corner of the mass properties window? Print would open the info as a pdf in a new window for printing or downloading and copy would do am implicit select all and copy to the clipboard.
  • Options
    @brian_brady I don't see adding action buttons to our mass properties being a very common use case and we purposefully add the option to select this text so you can copy it.