Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New Video: Learn how to use the Shift Key, especially when mating

Darren_A_HenryDarren_A_Henry Onshape Employees Posts: 64
Hi.   We are posting a lot of tips on our blog.  Here is the latest on the shift key.

https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-secrets-of-the-shift-key

Comments

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
      @darren_henry Great Tips I was only in 2nd gear.

Thanks
    Dave
  • Options
    adrian_10adrian_10 Member Posts: 10
    awesome, i was struggling with just this sort of thing!

however, excessive use of puns requires you sit in the naughty corner :-) 
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    The 3rd tip was a new one to me that will be very handy - thanks for posting.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Absolutely worth watching. I thought I knew how to use the shift key but I was wrong.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Darren_A_HenryDarren_A_Henry Onshape Employees Posts: 64
    Hi.  We have a ton of new users, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows about this video.  I think it helps when mating assemblies.

https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-secrets-of-the-shift-key
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    awesome.I was struggling to select mate connector before..now this video is so helpful.
  • Options
    traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    @darren_henry @scott_harrisThere are applications that do a good job making stuff like this discoverable.

For meta key + mouse gesture wizardry like this, I think Inkscape does a good job with their tool & context specific help in the status bar.