Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Release Man feedback
I'm getting to grips with the basics of Release Management and would like to offer some feedback.
(1) It's good, I wish I'd dug in earlier.
(2) The email notifications could be more helpful...
Rev D of what has been released, give me a clue here
(3) Speed. I'm getting the release emails before my open document is aware that there is a new revision of an assembly available. I'm sure there is a lot going on under the hood, and it may be unfair to complain, but it's a pain having to wait to use a part that you know is there but your document is blissfully unaware of. (We're talking 30 secs here, so small potatoes but moving from versions to revisions is meant to be an improvement.)
**EDIT, I was being an idiot, I'd released the PS not the Assy.
(4) I made a release of an updated part this morning (RevC to D) and my assembly doesn't know the new one exists. I may have made a mistake, but I was able to update A to B, and B to C yesterday so I though I had the process nailed. Not sure if this is me or a bug at this point. I've waited 5 mins, refreshed browser, closed and reopened the tab but still no notification. If I try to update manually via the selective update then it can see A, B and C but not D. (This was used for the email screen-capture above so I know OS performed the release.)
(5) I would like the Instance Tree to indicate the revision Number/Letter here:-
Sorry if that just sounds like a list of moaning, I'm impressed, honestly!