Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

new sketches being created, old one not editable

Running OnShape on an iPad Pro 12.9”.  All software is up-to-date as far as my iPad knows.

New user trying to figure out how to use OnShape.  My problem happens like so:

1. Create new parts studio
  2. Set view to front
  3. Create several connected shapes
  4. Step away for a bit, maybe 1 hour
  5. Upon returning the view has reverted to the default, 3 plane view.
  6. Set view to front again
  7. Create construction line.  This creates a new sketch
  8. Try to trim lines in Sketch 1.  Error: This entity cannot be trimmed or something like it.  Trying to dimension anything fails.
I can provide more information, if there is any.  I can also troubleshoot if instructions are given.

One thing to note.  I switch “Accessibility” on and off constantly.  I have tried these operations with the Magnifier both on and off. 

Thanks,
Robert

Best Answers

Answers

• robert_crawfordrobert_crawford Member Posts: 7
    Thanks.  Selecting the three dots and choosing edit did the trick.  I’m still a little confused as to why more sketches are being generated.

Best,
    Robert
  • robert_crawfordrobert_crawford Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Neil.  That answers my other question.  Is this confirmation check mark on the small pop out window that has the constraints listed?  
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Yes it is - on the title bar of that dialog (that pops up from the bottom of the screen).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI