Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to remove an imported part from a parts assembly without deleting everything

steve_clinesteve_cline Member Posts: 8 EDU
I used an imported phone CAD file to build a phone mount around it.  Now I want to remove the imported part but I cannot seem to do it without deleting the entire parts studio.

Here is the document.  The second tab contains the phone import as well as the mount I have constructed:  https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ab3c0d2a205d87fc0baa749d/w/42db38639043c4453edf3bfd/e/cbeecdd86004feec65472210

Is there a specific tool to accomplish this?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    edited November 2018
    You can add a Delete Part feature at the end. 

(Right click the part in the parts list and select Delete)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • steve_clinesteve_cline Member Posts: 8 EDU
    I have tried that.  When I delete the phone, which is the "Import" on the list, it deletes everything.
  • lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
    Looks like you've merged your mount into your phone, and so there's only one part in the part studio - make sure when you're extruding the mount features that you set the merge scope not to include the imported phone.  You can then do a delete prt on just the imported phone at the end.
    Arul Suresh
    PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University