Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - September 23, 2014
lougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,637
edited October 2014 in New in Onshape
This week we pushed a few updates to Onshape, a few of which you may have already discovered. Here is a list of highlights for this recent update:
- Part colors assigned to a part will be shared with new parts generated from copy, split and pattern operations.
- Auto-assigned part colors will now remain when additional parts are added. In the past Onshape would reassign colors and change the color if parts were added or removed. Notice in the example the Part 3 becomes Part 2 and keeps it's color.
- Your profile now displays the amount of storage being used.
- Part Studio tabs in an Onshape document can now be copied from one document to another.
- Mate Connectors in Assemblies are now easier to select and the display is more clear. To support fast mating workflows, face selections will automatically select the center mate connector. If you want to select a specific mate connector, now the available mate connectors will "wake up" as the cursor approaches these points. This keeps the graphics area free of clutter and speeds up the mating process.
- Measure in Assemblies now does not require the use of "Select other" to pick faces, edges and points.
- Working indicators were added to many operations like insert part, translate, delete, undo/redo and many of the commands on the toolbar. For more complex operations that take longer than 0.2 seconds, this feedback lets you know Onshape is working.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.