Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Current 3D export formats

cedric_3cedric_3 OS Professional Posts: 4 PRO
Is STL this only 3D export format available?
It would be good to have IGS soon, I think that's quite essential!

Best Answer

Answers

• cedric_3cedric_3 OS Professional Posts: 4 PRO
    Found it thanks
  • alesandroalesandro Member Posts: 2
    I followed the link and while it says STEP and IGES are supported for export, I still do not see how one can actually export in any format other than STL.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited June 2015
    @alesandro_cucci  Just RMB click the tab in the bottom of your screen and you will see export.. this will give you dropdown list of other choices. STL just has quick access straight from part list, I wouldn't mind if there were possibility to use other formats as well..

-->   
    //rami
  • juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    I've been exporting more parts to machine lately and I agree with @3dcad . I would like to see more options available when using RMB in the parts list.  The problem with using RMB on the tab is that the export includes everything in the part studio.  I have been duplicating the part studio containing the part I want to export, deleting everything I don't want, RMB on the tab to export .iges and then deleting the part studio.  It works but it's overly cumbersome.  .stl does not work as well for me, so exporting from the parts list is currently no good for me.  
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 to @juan_aviles suggestion about improving export options from assemblies or part studios.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to select a part from either type of tab and be able to export it directly from there.