Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Realistic Display and Rendering??

christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
Hello! I have a project to model a replica of a concept building of which the customer wants images. I have used SolidWorks PhotoWorks before, and I am just wondering with Onshape(BETA) how could I get close to  "Realistic Display and Rendering"??? Or is there a way to "Export to PNG" ??

Best Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited June 2015 Answer ✓
    Look at program Lightshot, it will replace your screenshot button with much better tool (select area, save to file, comment, etc..)

And if you don't have windows, you can still use Lightshot installed in your browsers..
    //rami

Answers

• Options
    Thanks Christopher!
  • Options
    "Hamburger menu"... like it! I did the RMB - Save Image on the preview and it worked great! I think for sharing a "rough draft" image of the model with the customer this works great! I did use the PrtScrn - Paste into Paint - Crop - Save method to share images on LinkedIn and a colleague before...this is much faster! Thanks!
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited June 2015 Answer ✓
    Look at program Lightshot, it will replace your screenshot button with much better tool (select area, save to file, comment, etc..)

And if you don't have windows, you can still use Lightshot installed in your browsers..
    //rami
  • Options
    I did learn by "why not try it Clicking" that I can go through my available printer options and save a PDF to my Google Drive! Keeps the file in the "cloud"!
  • Options
    Since I use Google Chrome, Lightshot works great!! Thanks!