Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

iOS Export: not enough space on disk?

NikNYCNikNYC Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Onshape Mobile
Exporting a simple 3D object to STL for 3D printing fails with a disk space error. Same thing with any export format, not just STL. Same thing for any new Onshape model I try. 

Comments

• NikNYCNikNYC Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

Kludge: I can download the STL by opening Onshape in the iCab mobile browser and double tapping the tab containing the exported STL after using that export option. This downloads to the browser that can then save to disk. 
    Hours later it starts working?!

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    edited December 2018
    @nik_willmore that was identified as a bug and the fix was waiting to be approved by Apple over the holidays. Your app must have auto updated. 

EDIT: I’ve been informed that the bug is intermittent so sometimes it works fine. A fix has been submitted to Apple but the App Store does not reopen until tomorrow. The fix should then hopefully be approved by Apple. Please look out for the update. 

Sorry for for the inconvenience. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI