Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Creating Unique Views

Greetings All

I was wondering; in lieu of constantly turning parts on/off, if one can do that "once" and create a "unique view" that you can go back to?

Would save so much time, thanks "always" for all your expert advise; without it, Onshape would be more difficult.

Robert

Comments

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
  • robert_melascagliarobert_melascaglia Member Posts: 42 EDU
    I will try that - much appreciated Cris.
    Cris - tried that; great for the "assembly", however can one do the same in the "parts studio."
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,354
    No that is only for assemblies. Good idea for Part studios but may be difficult to make it reliable since parts in the parts list change so fluidly when features are added/deleted. Feel free to create an improvement request. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thank you Neil - I got the idea from MicroStation v8i; as a recently retired engineer from the US Army, and looked for other CADD options since (in my opinion) uSta has not made the strides many others have in the CADD world.  I will also create that "improvement request", thanks.