Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

assign material

bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
HI,
I do not seem to be able to assign a material or change the color of a part. A right click on the part tab has no menu comes up. This is a new issue for me, it used to work ok!

Bob

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    RMB on the parts in the part list
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    On top of what @brucebartlett said. Also make sure that you do not have anything already selected in the model space. You need to be in the Part Studio to the RMB on the part in the part list to edit its appearance and change its color.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• bikr7549bikr7549 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    No. Nothing comes up when I do a right click.
    edited February 2019

BTW this is a problem for all of my parts, so I must have some setting adjustment off.
    OK, 'problem' solved. Window on screen was reduced in size so that other things could be seen, but this resulted in the parts listing window not showing the actual part below it, so no pop up menu would show with a right click. Need to clean my glasses more often...