Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sheet metal: I can't select select edges to bend

daniel_s_wolfdaniel_s_wolf Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I'm trying to create a sheet metal model containing a 90° bend. So I created two sketches on two separate planes. Those two sketches touch each other. I then created a sheet metal model using "thicken" mode and selected the sketch regions from my two sketches.

Until this point, everything worked great. However, I can't create the bend. My understanding is that if I click on "edges or cylinders to bend", I should be able to select the edge of one of the two sketches. But I can't. If I hover over those edges, nothing is highlighted. If I click on them, nothing happens.

Here's a link to my document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e39b6940e4466326731164eb/w/de80b75aef729c27f2929291/e/130e6cc9023cb154d0aadf71

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    Thicken only works (in this case) if you are converting a solid to sheet metal and need to select a solid edge to turn it into a bend. Best here to thicken one of your sketches, then use the flange feature to add the 90 degree bend.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI