Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to make an animation of your assembly?

dan_33dan_33 Member Posts: 13
I know I could download a program that could video my screen and thus my assembly in action but I was wondering if OS has an option to video the assembly moving or an explosion of the assembly like AutoDesk Inventor.  
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ryan_blackwoodryan_blackwood Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I think it would be great to be able to set Constraints to movement (such as face A can't move through face B, or that one mate connector can move only x distance from another mate connector), and then right click that item and select something to have it continuously move along it's mate between the constraints.  The clamp in the videos could sit there and open and close on it's own, the tablet dock could move back and forth from 15* to 45*, etc.  I would absolutely use this feature to death (I'm designing a new 3D printer, and with a few mates and constraints, I could have it printing on screen).
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    I think making an animation is ok by onshape now,but you should add correct constraints for all parts in the assembly at first,and then you can make them move as you want by driving prime mover like motor manually.But I want to know if onshape has the function that can make the assembly work by a "play" button automaticly  after giving all correct constraints.