Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Line to face sliding mate

Just_JulianJust_Julian Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hey everyone! I've been trying to figure out how to make a line mated to a face in an assembly so when the face/plane changes it's angle around a ring, the line connected to the face moves along with it, but staying flat.
I have a ring with multiple arms coming off of it that can rotate down, and now I need all the arms to move in sync, so when I move one arm a few degrees or a lot, all of them move so the top of the arms are all parallel. I've tried multiple things such as the slider mate and such, but can't seem to find anything that works. Everything seems to only want to work with faces/certain parts of faces, but never the line itself. I'm used to SolidWorks, but I've recently gotten into Onshape and I've done a few things already

Thanks for any help!

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited March 2019
    Can you post a link to your document or a screen shot, so we can better see what you are trying to do?

Fastened mate should be your first choice, it should remain perpendicular to the face as it moves.