Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
More to Configurations & Variables
brian_pinder662
Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/20b7ed88dc59162296b5eb8b/w/a27f60c38cdafae14413fc59/e/e4196c03cb53f044d45d4e72
Could someone please take a look at the above URL to see if they could offer any help. Here I have a Pipe tee which has a 17.5 rad, I am trying to configure it to update to a 20mm Rad. As you will see I have created a variable for the default rad 17.5mm, when I change this to 20mm only certain parts of the model update. I have been trying to work on Codys example of the hydraulic cylinder. Having spent quite sometime now trying various ways to do this without success, maybe the model should have been built differently from the start with configuration in mind. It looks like there needs to be more variables added but where and how is my problem. Any help would be appreciated to enable me to move on.
Regards to all Brian
Could someone please take a look at the above URL to see if they could offer any help. Here I have a Pipe tee which has a 17.5 rad, I am trying to configure it to update to a 20mm Rad. As you will see I have created a variable for the default rad 17.5mm, when I change this to 20mm only certain parts of the model update. I have been trying to work on Codys example of the hydraulic cylinder. Having spent quite sometime now trying various ways to do this without success, maybe the model should have been built differently from the start with configuration in mind. It looks like there needs to be more variables added but where and how is my problem. Any help would be appreciated to enable me to move on.
Regards to all Brian
0
Answers
-
Hi @brian_pinder662 - I can't find where the #PipeRad variable is being used? I will advise though, that Sketch1 is a little crazy (too much detail - keep sketches simple) and Sketch2 is underconstrained.
Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEA0 -
I think I fixed it for you. Your sketch had a line segment that was fixed and therefore didn't move relative to the other lines. I removed the fixed constraint and added a dimension instead.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3e1d6ee966d4b1da7d60c9a7/w/31b1fe43f89c0d0c8198a0fa/e/5de16bf29a1f595446b1c86f?configuration=List_hrXyxiB2CfTjRM%3DDefault
0 -
You do not need to use the variable. This is an unnecessary step with the way you are using configurations. When in your configuration list, just configure the dimension you are driving with the variable.0
-
I would like to thank each of you for your advice which is very helpful. up to now I have managed to achieve a required result to the horizontal & curved section but cannot get the bottom section to update. As yet I have not tried Bradleys reply as things seemed to be working, however this will be the next step
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/20b7ed88dc59162296b5eb8b/w/a27f60c38cdafae14413fc59/e/e4196c03cb53f044d45d4e72
Brian0



