Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Change Configuration in drawing view

Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
edited March 2019 in Product Feedback
Would like to be able to change the configuration in a drawing view after placement from the "View Properties" UI
Along with the ability to change the view orientation after placement: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/7665/change-drawing-view-after-placement

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Cris_Bowers You can do this today by right clicking on the view and selecting Change configuration.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    If the requests are not for a single feature I cannot log them here.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    lougallo said:
    @Cris_Bowers You can do this today by right clicking on the view and selecting Change configuration.
    You guys keep putting features in places I don't expect to find them. I keep looking in the view properties to be able to do that, and it just tells me what configuration is shown without a way to interact with it. I never thought to look for it in the right click menu. I have changed my request to be able to do it from the "View Properties" UI. You can move this to product feedback if it makes more sense.
    lougallo said:
    If the requests are not for a single feature I cannot log them here.
    The other requests are separate. I just provided links to them because they are somewhat related, at least the copy view is. I came across the change view orientation one in my search to see if anyone had made an IR along the lines of what I was looking for.