Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mirrored sketch entity not updating

I have a feature mirror that mirrors multiple sketches. These sketches have variable driven geometry. However when I update the variables the original sketches update but not the mirrored sketches. How can I fix this its currently a huge problem for me. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    christopher_starkechristopher_starke Member Posts: 9 EDU
    Is there perhaps a way to force the document to completely rebuild from scratch?
  • Options
    Damn, my sketch has a ton of external references so I suppose that is the problem. I will try reworking the document with no external references.
  • Options
    Just for clarity do you mean that other sketches reference the sketch or that the sketch references other sketches?
  • Options
    I delete the references and it works fine which isnt ideal but will work for now. Thank so much for the help!
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    Another alternative is to use offset surface to “copy” your first sketch, then mirror that. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI