Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to know the data size consumed by a single document?

shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
At this point of time free plan gives 5 GB storage and professional plan gives 100 GB of storage. User gets the information about total storage used in "Manage Account" section. Suppose my storage limit crossed beyond limit and I need to clear some data based on usage. But I don't know which document is consuming more space within assigned data limit. Most of the times user deletes anything which is less important and consumes more space. So, is there any solution to see the consumed size of any particular document?

Thanks,
Shashank
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    As a workaround you can create another account and share one document with new account and you will see how much space is used.
    //rami
  • Options
    Thanks. It's good information. But suppose I have hundred documents created in my account, then as per work around I will have to share every document one by one to another new account. So, I was just curious to know if there is any update coming from Onshape which will display each document size on main document page.
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    So, I was just curious to know if there is any update coming from Onshape which will display each document size on main document page.
    Yes, this is planned.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @jakeramsley Thank you.