Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mate Invert inconsistent

shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Using Onshape
I'm trying to figure out why a fasten mate will be fine in the sub-assembly, but then in the main assembly will be inverted.  This happens in 2nd place in the main assembly.  Clicking the inversion button doesn't seem to do anything to fix these.
Thank you!

link to doc: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/223146bb463c991c77f7e75c/w/813f355a31da16ffa8810ada/e/b340da5ffd61fcb95bf54b4e

Then I get wierd stuff like this when trying to invert the same assembly:

In this next mate, It works as expeted, but you'll see another mate next to it that's offset, just like the screenshot above:

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    I messed with it for a while, there are a lot of broken mates, and lost references.
    You need to fix them first otherwise some other mates will fail as they are over defined.

After cleaning up most of the broken mates, and deleting/re inserting the mates for the L and R mounts in the main assembly.
    I still needed to delete and re-insert the xcarriage assembly and give it a new slider mate. Something is still holding xcarriage hostage, and I cannot find what it is, even after suppressing all mates and parts, it was still stuck in the main assembly, even though nothing was mated to it... weird...

But after re-inserting the xcarriage, it came in correct. :shrug:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/adef9eb88f710d82c79361b6/w/f96ec384a9c7d8c54af650c7/e/ae3a0f45b0b0f34f820f8076