Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Floor slope

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Community Support
In stuff like sinks and on bathroom floors, the floor has a slope so that it leads the water to the drain. 

Is there any way to model such a slope around a drain where you can clearly see the slope? I'm thinking like showing the isocurves when they model a black hole. 

What my goal is, is to model a bathroom floor, where you can clearly see that the whole floor is leading the water to the drain

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Sculpt face FS is is good for that form.
    but as far as iso curves, you may have to many split faces with your surface or something.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b8730d44070bc0466ad80444/v/f33e89a2df8c548621ea2b0f/e/1d14e7e9fe2fa7d06f2e57d4

• famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    I just want to clearly view where the water will go
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    do you want it to be part of the model, or do you want to turn the view on off for conversation, or do you want it to just show up on the blueprint
    I imagine the surface isocurves would reveal how the water gets to be moved towards the drain

It should be the model itself. I need to show the tradesperson how the floor surface has to be. 

I also imagine to turn it off when highlighting other stuff about the room, than the floor;)

Here's a good example from Maya NURBS