Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet metal circular section

hobie_smithhobie_smith Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
Hello,
In the following example document I want to cut a round segment off the sheet metal part. But I want that there is no free cut at the edge because a sheet metal is to be welded on the front side.

Can I smooth out the edges in 3D again?

Greetings Hobie
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/886a8c77eed8deeb1e1cae48/w/32d36eed0b397dce10da791f/e/9499618a5efeb977e25583d7
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited June 2019
    If you want to fillet a hut edge, you will need to use the 'finish sheet-metal' feature first. Then you can add fillets to the long edges by selecting the cut face
  • Options
    hobie_smithhobie_smith Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    But then it will not be included in the settlement.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    really, I'm not sure why you need to fillet the edges anyways for the welder. Weld will fill it all in anyways.

And you really shouldn't need the fillets in the flat pattern either, the laser/plasma/waterjet operator doesn't care about the fillets or want them in the way of his cam software anyway.

Sounds like too much information in the model.
    Usually a leader line to the edge that says "break edges" is plenty