Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I get a scale value (Real number) from two length values?

tarquinio_motatarquinio_mota Member Posts: 5
edited June 2019 in Community Support
Hello.

I'm trying to scale a part based on two length variables (in inches).
I've drawn the part at 0.2 inches and say if i want to make it 0.3 inches I want to apply a scale factor of 0.3/0.2 inches which is a scale of 1.5. But I can't divide 2 lenghts, so I had to turn my lenght variables into number variables so I could do the division. While this works I would just like to know if there is a nicer way to do this, since this makes us lose the automatic unit conversion features that we get in length variables.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    tarquinio_motatarquinio_mota Member Posts: 5
    Ah thanks actually I didn't explain the problem very well, i was trying to do #x/0.3in, but now that you confirmed it should work, I realized I needed to add a parenthesis for the units.