Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configurations

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
I have a part studio with 2 configurations. Changing these in the part studio is straightforward.
To update the assembly of the parts I select all the parts in the list with a configuration attached, right click and select 'edit configuration'.
Is this the correct workflow?
The reason I ask is because If there are inserted bolts, which do not have a configuration associated with them, then these need to be de-selected in order to access the 'edit configuration' option.

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    You can only change multiple configs of parts in an assembly if they all share the same part studio.
    Otherwise you will need to independently select each part and change config.

there are some shortcuts in the menu also,
    if you right click any part with a config available, you can:

Change the config of the single part (Cyan) [self explanatory]

Select all instances with same config (Red) [Once you select the parts, you will need to right click again and change config (Cyan) this will edit all of the select at the same time]

Select instances with same part and same config (Blue) [Same as (Red) but will only choose the same part]

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
    Many thanks John, that will help speed things up.