Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape User Groups Update

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
Hi Everyone,
Check out the new Onshape user group page - https://www.onshape.com/user-group-network.

Since the initiative started in May, we've held five meetings in five cities - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, and Santa Clara.  Four of the meetings have resulted in established local chapters led by Onshape users. 

This week we are in Seattle on Wednesday, and Portland on Thursday.  We have some very special guests joining us - Apex Robotics Team 5803 uses Onshape to design their entries into FIRST competitions, and they will be bringing one of their robots to the Seattle meeting and making a short presentation.  @cody_armstrong will be our featured presenter at both meetings, showing off the capabilities of Onshape, and answering questions as only a CAD Ninja can.

I'm really excited to announce that Lynn Allen, The Queen of CAD, will be one of the presenters in Portland.  I've known Lynn for years, and while she is heavily focused on another CAD system, her entire career has been all about the users - regardless of the CAD they choose.  Lynn will join me in extolling the virtues of local user group chapters.

We're just getting started, and you can expect more groups to pop up in the next few months.  There is interest already in Philadelphia, the Toronto area, and Dallas/Fort Worth.  If you are thinking about forming a group in your area, we can help.  Check out the new user group page and send an email to usergroups@onshape.com.

Richard