Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvement announcement also with version

Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General
Is it possible to add also the update version to the title of the improvement announcements?

E.g. Improvements to Onshape - 1.100; July 30th, 2019
Henk de Vlaam (NL)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    We don’t normally make a big thing about what version is on production because it changes so often. The best place to look for version info is the change log. www.onshape.com/changelog
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @NeilCooke I understand.
    But maybe it is good to explain why I asked the question.
    I made a dutch Onshape starters course for schools, hobbyists and other organizations (may be they will become Pro user in the future).
     The course indicates that it is currently up to date up to 1.93. The students also receive the hint where the number of the current Onshape version can be found (? >> About).
    I also tell them where they can find the improvement history so they can check which important features are missing in the course: (1) in the change log (with version numbers and date) and (2) via the videos at https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/topic/whats-new and at https://forum.onshape.com/categories/recent-improvements. The version numbers are missing from the last two. Currently, students can only find out the version of the videos via the change log.
    So it would be consistent and comfortable to also mention the version numbers in the videos. But of course that's up to Onshape.
    Henk de Vlaam (NL)