Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly configuration dependent part numbers

engineering_deltapengineering_deltap Member Posts: 13 PRO
edited September 2019 in General
Hi All 

I am trying to improve / automate your internal parts lib. of repeat parts in this case  cartridge valves 
the problem is that each type of valve can have several spring ( operating ranges ), seal types , adjustment types ( inhex, external hex , hand knobs , protective cover , etc ) as well as sizes 
I can get  all the model configurations to work without to much fuss but the part number it a nightmare to say the least. 
I there a way to make the part number a bit more intelligent and use the info from the configurations to " generate " the correct part number based on which configuration is selected  
e.g. valve_type-(#size property)-(#spring property)-(#adjustment type)-(#seal type)
Cheers 

Eng

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @engineering_deltap - This is a very good request and you are not the only person that has asked for this. PLEASE submit an enhancement request - we tally these every three weeks to help us prioritize work - the more hits, the sooner it gets done :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape