Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do you simulate a 1 way bearing?

I'm trying to simulate a 1 way bearing (sprag clutch) in an assembly for a ratcheting cvt, any idea on how to make a 1 way rotating mate?

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi Caleb, welcome to Onshape!

Do you actually need to see the sprags move / contact or do you just want one-way rotation? Neither is really possible since Onshape does not support contact or one-way revolve mates. Does it need to be shown only rotating one way?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • afalzate13afalzate13 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Still no way to simulate a one way bearing somehow?
  • martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    I asked the same maybe half a year ago and was told there isn't. I ended up animating the full reciprocating motion, and then cutting out all reverse movements from the video, so only movement step-by-step in one direction was visible at all times. Still, I think it would help in simulation when there were one-way-bearing constraints in Onshape.