Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Tream extrusions between different directions

otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
Is there any direct way to tream extrusions that are intersectin in a point? it is a little bit difficult to explain with words but beams does something similar when they are two, here is an image of what I am trying to describe:
the grey has "too much" and the red has a "howl" when the light blue is what I am looking for...

(i should clarify the angles are not the same between each original line.)
i know that from the grey i could take the extra with some other extrusions features, and the red one with a fill feature and then an enclosure would give something similar not exactly the same but in that direction....but wanted to know if there is any simple way that I am not seeing...

thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    Do the red one and use Delete Face to get rid of the “hole”.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    Do the red one and use Delete Face to get rid of the “hole”.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Tried the delete face and works nicely when there is only one part.
    I have been working through the same sort of problem a number of times and find that when I keep separate parts the delete face will not do the job.
    Have been making part 2 up to part/face but have to go back and do separate extrude remove to trim the next part in the sequence. There may be more than one trim needed. Very tedious.
    Would like to see the selection of up to part/face allow for selection of more than one item.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/53cd22d92277655bd439b911/w/01f1afaf5b06b373884e146b/e/d41adae01e50ef5b2d0374de