Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
What is the difference between "configuration" and "fullConfiguration" in assembly instances?
In the assembly api instance lists, an instance will look something like this:
- id: "Mp2bMzVAHb9uLFNST"
- name: "Part 1 <2>"
- partId: "JHD"
- isStandardContent: false
- configuration: "default"
- fullConfiguration: "default"
- type: "Part"
- suppressed: false
- documentId: "f7e4980117b6e6fe3d6cceb2"
- documentMicroversion: "231e582f0b55644b8295822b"
- elementId: "f898a89565ea6baaab0cb1c1"
What is the difference between "configuration" and "fullConfiguration"? If I am going to use this to call into the parts api, which one should I use as the configuration parameter?