Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Need to be able to show the sketches created from a featurescript in a drawing.

Jacob_CorderJacob_Corder Member Posts: 126 PRO
I am trying to create certain geometric shapes to be used on drawings as they cannot be done in drawings yet.  I am able to create these with featurescripts, they show in the models, but they cannot be shown in the drawings.  Probably because they are subfeatures of the parent feature.   

my question, is there a way to manipulate a featurescript where it will output itself as a sketch? some attribute possibly?

thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    The only thing you can really do is manually create a sketch afterward and "use" the edges created by your FS. Or if they are enclosed sketches you could create a surface from the sketch region (in code or manually).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Josh_SewellJosh_Sewell Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Hi I am having the same trouble as Jacob
    I have a feature script which is creating a very complex drawing 
    and then i need to display this in the drawings 

does anyone know if they are working on a fix for this problem?
  • Options
    caden_armstrongcaden_armstrong Member, User Group Leader Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    There is a workaround where you turn all of the sketch edges into wirebodies with opExtractWires, and combine them into a composite part. This composite part can be inserted into a drawing.