Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New Feature: Speaker Pattern

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
Speaker Pattern takes a vertex or mate connector as input then patterns cylinders and performs a boolean operation to add or remove them from parts. See the example below:

I just got it to a usable state so I'm sharing here for people to use and so I can get feedback, and there is a lot of room to improve if/when I make the time:
  1. add more pattern types (any suggestions?)
  2. add end conditions like the extrude feature
  3. make default size values more practical
  4. find a way to visually clean up the middle of the Fibonacci pattern (even though it's mathematically "right")
  5. add an option to select a custom modeled shape to pattern instead of the default cylinder
  6. any other ideas?
I've been working on learning Featurescript, which is my first dive into programming in any language, and I couldn't have done this without lots of help from the forum. Special thanks to @NeilCooke @MBartlett21 @ilya_baran
 and @konstantin_shiriazdanov
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl