Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can’t open doc on desktop

steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
I’ve been using Onshape on my iPhone for a few years. It has worked great for me on my iPhone.

I’ve only tried Onshape on my MacBook Pro once before and I had no problem opening a document and playing with the drafting features.

Today, I got out my MacBook Pro and tried to open up a document. Every time I selected the document and tried to open it, the program came up with a message saying — a problem repeatedly occurred with — and then it gave the URL for the document. And there is also a button that says — reload webpage

What am I doing wrong
I’d appreciate any help

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,902 PRO
    What browser are you using?

Can you open a new document, or is it just that specific document?

You should click the "?" icon in the top right corner and contact support, don't forget to toggle the "Share document with support" option as well.
    You will get much quicker and more direct help from the official support team.
  • Options
    @john_mcclary

First off, thanks for the quick response John

Safari ver. 13.0.3

So far it looks like I cannot open any document

I even tried a system check and that failed

I’m a hobbyist and it doesn’t look like I have access to support, or at least not that I can tell

I wonder if it has anything to do with my firewall settings or something like that

I really don’t use my computer much anymore. I primarily just use my iPhone so I’m a little out of practice with my MacBook Pro. But I did try Safari on my MacBook Pro to click on other websites and I had no problem

Puzzling

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @john_mcclary

For what it’s worth, the version of my operating system is MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

I’m using a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2017
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

And it’s kind a hard for me to think that my computer would be defiled in anyway because I rarely use it and I don’t use it for surfing the Internet at all

Since I bought it, I’ve accumulated a minimal amount of hours on it
  • Options
    you might be onto something with firewall. But not really sure.

Also check to see if webGL is enabled.

If you could try firefox or chrome also to see if it just a safari problem 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @john_mcclary

I just found out that I am two big versions behind the times regarding my operating system. There’s something called MacOS Mojave and then macOS Catalina. So I’m gonna try installing the latest which is the Catalina and see if that does the trick.
    Shows you how out of touch I am with regard to Mac stuff nowadays. I’ve gotten lazy and used to using iOS

But I was looking into that WebGL stuff you mentioned, so I’ll let you know what goes on once I install Catalina

Again, thanks for the help
  • Options
    @john_mcclary

Yeehaw !!

Installing Catalina did it

Thanks for your help John. I’m sure I would’ve gotten discouraged if somebody wasn’t working with me and I just would’ve closed up this MacBook and put it back in its case

• Options
    Sweet! Glad you figured it out.

I hope you find the desktop version of Onshape much easier than the mobile apps.