Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Portable Air Cooler

mario_darceuilmario_darceuil Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
I am designing the heat exchanger for the portable air cooler. I want to extrude the 4 circles through all of the heat exchanger fins and replace the circles with tubes going through all of them. Please show me how to accomplish this feat.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4bcfe478c3a8d738998fb396/w/31b4a1c2d937511e77983be9/e/ca7cceaf16668d9489d79312

Answers

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    Your best place start is to go through the Onshape fundamentals self-paced course: https://learn.onshape.com/learn/learning-path/onshape-fundamentals-cad

You will want to extrude your fins as solid parts and then using the power of a Part Studio you could extrude the tubes to go through the fins and connect everything. Sections 2,3, and 4 of the fundamentals CAD pathway are where you want to look.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    I look at it see if it helps.
  • Options
    I tried everything; Up to face; etc, but I couldn't figure out the merge command. The fins are not touching but I want to extrude  4 holes that go through all of them after which I''ll do and extrusion as a new part for pipes that go through the holes, Please help.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    You've patterned a bunch of sketches - they need to be solid parts before you can make holes in them. Please review the free training videos.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭