Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

query strategy

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
I'm adding a new Slot Circle mode to my Speaker Pattern feature that makes something like this:
I want to fillet the internal corners of the cross-brace member. I'm able to query all of the edges produced by that cut, like this:
I think I should be able to qIntersection that with a query for all of the edges parallel with the normal direction, but I'm not sure how to do that or if that's the best way. Any ideas?
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Best Answers

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Well, that definitely works, but I'll have to comb back through it with a fresh mind another day to figure out why exactly. Since this feature is also a self-imposed, project-based learning exercise, followup questions are likely. Thanks, Kevin!

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl