Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Cannot see custom mates in assembly view

neil_claytonneil_clayton Member Posts: 13
Happy new year :)

I'm confused!  Can't see custom mate connects from a PS within my assembly.

e.g: in the PS named "Power Base", I've three MC's defined (FN2070, Fan, Center of lower).  Yet these don't show up under the part witin the part studio.
What am I missing?  I see *other* MC's showing up from the same PS, but not these ones. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/15e657b3c3df5f459a2b4376/w/76591c58cb2d7e4ef9abf235/e/f42c9a4b2b10ce730972a7ee

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    If I move the creation of the MC down in the PS feature list, it appears in the assembly.  Are MC's are only exposed in some circumstances?
  • Options
    Ah. I think I see. The new body would have the same name (depending on how the boolean op were configured), so I probably missed seeing that. The part was still in the tree; with same name, but it's actually a new part so old MC no longer owned by it. Makes sense. It'd be kinda nice if there was a "hey did you really mean to eat these MC's along the way" list, especially if they are defined and then not referenced by later features. But then; perhaps its plain better and more self-documenting if I just make sure to create my MC's designed for easy assembly at the end of my feature lists....  ta!
  • Options
    gary_owengary_owen Member Posts: 2
    I have found another reason for this.  It is possible for the ower part to set as a plane rather than the solid.  I'm not sure how I managed that; possibly because the location geometry was set by a sketch.  Once, I changed the owner part to the solid, the mate connector appeared in the assembly.