Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Simultaneously invert the suppression state of a group and the associated mates

A nice function, maybe it's already available, would be to select and single click invert the suppression state of a group mate and the other mates associated with the group. This is key for large models, where you want to group things together and hence suppress the mates that are associated with the parts in the group, but to make changes you want to invert those states of suppression, i.e., unsuppress the mates of the parts, and suppress the group mate. Probably a script could do this easily, I just don't have the bandwidth at the moment to create one.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Bart_WooleryBart_Woolery Member Posts: 6 PRO
    good idea, I was hoping for something a little more on-the-fly
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited January 2020
    You know.....

I'd look into named positions also. If you have automated equipment that moves through different stages; you can name these positions 1st pos, 2nd pos etc... Named positions will over ride mates; which they should. 

On top of that; create incontexts at each position. This way if you have a universal nest; it'll update based on the position it's in and that context.

Named positions with incontext is really powerful & less restrictive than config & suppressing and a joy to use.