Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Bad Geometry After Extrude

Any ideas what causes the extra surface? This is the first feature (sketch-extrude) in part studio. I have rebuild the sketch, still the same issue. Looks like corrupt data to me.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    Can you share the URL of the doc? It may be due to one or more of the vertices in your sketch not being aligned properly.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    ThomasHertzlerThomasHertzler Member Posts: 3 PRO
    The problem started well into the project. Up to that point I have had no issues. First I recreated the geometry in the offending sketch, then I deleted the sketch and recreated the geometry. Switched browsers (New Edge - > Chrome) to avoid potential issues with browser cache. No joy. Deleted the part studio tab and started from new. Profit. I have moved on but if you want to analyse the issue further, look for where I delete the part studio (between V1 and V2)

Link to document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/11a9692e6af9b3b2d9eb1b5a/w/c4ab155169daf83d6af0510f/e/0434002f2be6e9b84bedb656

Thanks for your help.