Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Restoring a separate Part Studio?

Hi,

I have an Onshape Document with several Part Studio's, where I am working  on several parts in different Part Studios alternately.
I have made several Versions at specific concept states.

Now I would like to restore a specific Part Studio to a specific version, while keeping all the work done in the other Part Studios.
If I restore the complete Onshape Document my progress in the other Part Studios is lost, or the Part Studios created in between will not even be there anymore.

There is no way to do this right?
What is the best working method to avoid this situation in the future?

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Branch one of the versions you want to restore. Then merge it into your active branch
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan OS Professional Posts: 6 PRO
    I have this exact same need, and I'm afraid I don't understand your answer, @john_mcclary.  Could you or anyone else provide a little more detail?
  • raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    We don't have selective merge or restore yet.

Until then you can open the version. Copy that version to a new document. Copy the part studio that you want and paste it in the original document. It would a copy so assemblies and drawings might need to be repaired with replace references
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan OS Professional Posts: 6 PRO
    Worked!  THANKS. 

I do think per-tab restores would be a nice feature, though. 
  • Félix_BouchardFélix_Bouchard Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!

And I think it would be more than a nice feature,
    I think it makes the restore function  almost useless the way it is.