Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Help with the chamfer function.

grant_piephoffgrant_piephoff Member Posts: 6
So just a preface: I first got my start doing 3D modeling with Solidworks in college, and this is the first time I've used a different program. Really liking OnShape and I haven't had any issues adjusting to it. There is just one thing I haven't been able to figure out with doing a Chamfer. 

So I have been working through this document that has 50 or so part drawings to do. There has been a couple I struggled on and had to look up tutorials, and each one I had an issue with was similar in the sense that the person doing the solution always uses a vertex chamfer on a point. I've only been able to chamfer edges, not points, and as far as I can tell I can only do a chamfer in two directions. I was wondering if there was any way to apply a chamfer to a point and then do the vertex where it chamfers in the x,y,z directions at the same time. 

I'll add some images in to hopefully make it more clear. So first, this is the drawing I am doing. (Note: I figured out how to do this using cuts and lofts, I was just wondering if it could also be done with a chamfer or not)

So I started out by extruding a plane rectangle 30x50.

So this is an image from the tutorial I watched. They click the point and then add 3 chamfer distances. I cannot seem to figure out how to do that with OnShape. It does not seem there is an option to do a 3 direction chamfer. If there is let me know, or if there is a way to achieve the same thing by doing multiple edge chamfers, please also let me know. If you need any more information or images to make it easier to visualize just ask. Thanks!

Comments