Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

The leader can not point to surface

Alex_Huang006Alex_Huang006 Member Posts: 12 PRO
1) When adding a note in the drawing, I want the leader to point to the surface. But can not. 
2) How can I set a color appearance for a single surface ?  Currently, no way to do. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael_NationMichael_Nation Member Posts: 3 PRO
    1) When adding the note leader you can click somewhere on the surface. Once you move it will attach to a line and you can't move it back (you will need to add leader again)
    2) Right click --> add appearance to face

Note: would like an option for a dot for the surface pointer rather than an arrow
  • SebastianMaklarySebastianMaklary Member Posts: 3 PRO
    I would also like to be able to add leaders to surfaces. It is greatly useful when applying geometric product specification and datums to be able to assign it to a surface and not an edge. 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @SebastianMaklary Balloon callouts can select a face but notes cannot, don't know why. So you can use that as a workaround for now.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @SebastianMaklary Notes which can point to a face of a part are an improvement in progress at the moment.  There are some other annotation types to follow notes that will need this behavior as well (surface finish, datums, weld symbols....)

@NeilCooke's suggestion is a good one until we deliver what you want.