Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

FeatureScripts display in random order on iPhone

steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Onshape Mobile

On my iPhone, FeatureScripts are displayed in RANDOM order

This makes it time-consuming to find what FeatureScript you are looking for

To me, it would be a MAJOR improvement to bring order to how FeatureScripts are displayed

Comments

• Options

The pictures below show the big list of FeatureScripts that I search through whenever I’m looking for a custom tool on my iPhone. 

Regarding this list of FeaturesScripts —

1. There’s no alphabetical order
    2. There’s no grouping
    3. There’s no folders that I could place FeatureScripts into

The FeatureScripts are just thrown up there randomly

On my iPhone, It would be nice to —

1. create a folder
    2. then name that folder WOOD
    3. then place all FeatureScripts into that folder that relate to wood working

It would also be nice to have a folder for SHEETMETAL, for CURVES & SPLINES, PLANES, SWEEPS, so on and so forth

One big aspect of CAD is that it can save a lot of time. But, being as FeatureScripts are constantly accessed when working on a document, well the time spent looking for tools can really add up, the way things are now. Having some way to organize FeatureScripts would be a major timesaver

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    We've logged a bug against FS order on mobile - they should follow the order set in the web version of Onshape or at least be in alphabetical order. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    @NeilCooke

Thanks Neil

I’m looking forward to the fix
    😁