Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Change Part Name in Configurable Parts

ethan_doak1ethan_doak1 Member Posts: 11 PRO
I'd absolutely love the ability for Configurable parts to be able to change the name of a part. Our part number system includes the length of a part (for ease of use later on) and it would be sweet to be able to integrate the configuration function into our libraries and retain our part number system.

Tagged:

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited April 2020
    @ethan_doak1 You can do this today for PARTS in the Part properties area of Configurations however I think this is more about using dimensions and other variables into the part name correct?

If you want it to do this with a wildcard value from a config variable, that is a different request I can add this to.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    @ethan_doak1 something like this? It automatically names the part as it is found in the goBILDA online catalog and sets its SKU/part number, plus sets the Title 1 property to the appropriate catalog URL (all procedurally through the Property explorer FeatureScript)
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    don't forget to add your own vote.