Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Copying Configuration Tables between Part Studios and Assemblies

sam_parsonssam_parsons Member Posts: 43 PRO
Is there a way to copy the configuration lists, checkboxes, and variables that are set up in a part studio into an assembly? Or even between part studios?

I can duplicate part studios which copies across the config variable and tables, but I'd really like to be able to copy the configuration inputs and it's rows (I understand that columns will likely change) so that I can them through to the parts in the assembly.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited April 2020
    The copy option is at the top right of the config fly out.

I recommend pasting into a blank speadsheet and copy what you need, excluding the header row

• sam_parsonssam_parsons Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Thanks for the speedy response!

Am I right in saying that you can only copy one table at a time? And that even though you can copy the table contents, you still have to manually add each table and variable? Because I've been using quite a long list of config variables.