Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

smooth transsion between three tubes

Hey .. dose any one know how to make a connection between three points. 

Loft would be the logic choise ..but cant see how it should work. 

I have tried to make three different revolve.. but it dose not come out smooth  

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,900 PRO
    Sweep (new) the round face using the curve you have drawn as a path.

Then circular pattern (add) 90deg using the gray bar athe axis
  • Options
    John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 236
    edited April 2020
    Hello @thomas_frederiksen

I have a few suggestions as well. One is to extrude the bars so each bar passes through each other and delete the faces that are protruding. This is not completely smooth but does combine each part easily.   The other attempt I tried creates a smoother blend between the bars using a sweep feature. 

Onshape document example. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4bb82156b097139185b16b61/w/40cef45006be7ca26beaf0e1/e/d940dc5214968d2c5df5c79c

Extruded each bar to pass through each other.

Used the delete face feature to remove the protrusions. 

End result

In this example, the bars were extruded to the center of each profile, leaving a small void in the center. 

Next, I swept one of the faces of the void using the edge of the lower bar as a path.

This is the end result. Hope this helps and good luck!