Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Educational Question: Student access

Good morning, new to the community and first time user of this program.  I am an high school engineering teacher and found this program very similar to the software we are using at school, Autodesk Inventor.  Since finding this program I found that some of my students sign up but never get access to it and some have no problems.  If anyone knows how I can fix this issue it would be great, I have been getting no response for the "help" section, granted they may be short staffed at the moment, so I figured I would ask here also.  

Another detail I decided to put all my student into team and plugged in all their email prior to them creating an account, I am not sure if that plays in to everything but figured I would state that if it did.  Thank you for any help anyone can give me.  

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Creating a team to invite them is a great idea. They should all receive an activation email - if some of you got it, then it is not being blocked by your IT department. Have them check their spam filters. Let me know if you resolve the problem - if not I will pass your details on to our EDU team.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    @mark_mendoza
    I didnt see any support tickets from you in our system. If you would like to follow up please DM me your email and I can search again to make sure the ticket didnt fall through the cracks!
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    mark_mendozamark_mendoza Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I sent one yesterday and the other day, but it was with the Chat bot.  I received and email response but no number on it.  I think I will try the above response and see if that will work.  Thanks and let you guys know if it works
  • Options
    bill_cattinbill_cattin Member Posts: 3
    I am having my students create accounts for using Onshape and they are having the no confirmation email symptom. Sent a notice to check filtered spam. But some are using home computer with school email. Is it an issue on our end? 
  • Options
    mcheli_academicmcheli_academic Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 10 EDU
    @bill_cattin , we haven't had anyone else report that they are not also receiving email confirmations in the last couple of days so I would continue to troubleshoot on your end.  However if you think there is still a problem, please reach out to me and I would be more than happy to help.
  • Options
    lisa_foresterlisa_forester Member Posts: 1 EDU
    I am also having this problem with some of my students not receiving the team invite email. What could be the problem.
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    When I have had this issue, the problem was always the email flowing into their spam/junk folder. Even when students told it wasn't, I would have them search the folder with me watching and low and behold, the email was in their spam/junk folder. "Kids these days" are not as savvy with technology as us old guys whose first computer class in HS involved staring at a blinking prompt after start up and writing our own programs because the only program installed was BASIC. Don't believe the "fake news" that today's students are better at technology than previous generations.