Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I change the units of measure to nanometers?

monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 96 EDU
I can't find any options for editing the available units. I'd like to create drawings of clay particles and I'd like the measurements to be correct. 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    I tried entering 100 nm in the dimension of a nanoparticle and Onshape claims it is an invalid entry.
  • Options
    This does suggest that Parasolid does its modeling using quantities that have dimensions instead of using a dimensionless modeling framework. Dimensionless modeling would have made it possible for the same modeling Kernel to handle any dimension with the limitation that within any model the range of dimensions would be limited to some maximum factor. 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Correct - Parasolid has an absolute measurement system - 1 micron to 1km
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI