Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do you make a inverse fillet or a revolve to a certain depth?

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to onshape and I'm looking for a way to make stand for a ball shaped object. It's an extruded cilinder and I would like to remove a shape in a way that  my ball shaped object will fit. This must sound vague, so I added a picture of what I'm trying to make. I want to make it like the picture, but then preferably without the hole in the middle. I've tried fillet and revolve, but I can't seem to get it right. Any tips?

Cheers!

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    You can create that whole part with a revolve. If you imagine sawing that part in half, then draw one side of the cut face then revolve around the axis of the part. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • marjolein_daetermarjolein_daeter Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Hi Neil,

Thanks for replying. I think I tried that, but then I just got a hole in the whole thing (see picture). But I would like it to have a base. 
  • marjolein_daetermarjolein_daeter Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks! This works!