Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Seems my image is stretched by default?

wouter_visserwouter_visser Member Posts: 14
I'm trying to make a simple adapter but when I put the 3D printed part my in my ventilator it didn't fit at all. Turns out when I place images on a sketch in Onshape, they're stretched! Without doing any operation at all. See image, in the dialog it's the right way but when I import it it's stretched. The image is attached so you can see for yourself.

Is this some setting that I'm not aware of or is JPG handling messed up? 

Link to the file:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7b7c69bd58cfc81c328dac12/w/ab508f8686a5161e3a728236/e/f1d62e96dd4a8b8df76f56b3

Comments

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Ran into this a while ago. With a lot of camera lenses the aspect ratio is not one to one depending on distance and curvature of lens.
    Had to bring into another editor for aspect ratio corretion.
  • Options
    wouter_visserwouter_visser Member Posts: 14
    No that's not the problem, see the image. Onshape distorted my image. In the dialog it's fine, then when I paste it it's distorted. I cropped the image, saved it as PNG, and put it into the sketch without distortion.
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @wouter_visser
    It seems that the image is meant to be rotated 90 degrees, but Onshape is not flipping the aspect ratio.

Is the image taken with an iPhone, because images from that seem to often do this.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    @wouter_visser - your Google Pixel 3 XL is doing something with the pixel aspect ratio - opened and saved in Photoshop and the image is now correct.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    @wouter_visser - your Google Pixel 3 XL is doing something with the pixel aspect ratio - opened and saved in Photoshop and the image is now correct.
  • Options