Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Bake Collection Of Derived Parts?

NikNYCNikNYC Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
Derived parts are convenient for taking a vastly complicated parametric model full of historical baggage and starting over in a new file. This avoids having to export each of dozens of items to disk to import them. But a derived part can't be fully edited and parts of it stick around like mate connectors. Total confusion. I want a new clean model to deal with free of parametric baggage. It bogs way down especially on an iPhone. How do I "bake" the derived parts as if they are imported?

I guess it's mainly a bug about mate connectors hanging in the air coming in via derived that I cannot hide or delete:

That's throwing me off that I perhaps cannot edit at all but indeed I can move and edit actual parts within the derived collection.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,424
    The mate connector can be hidden by hiding the derived feature (or pressing shift+p). Derived parts have no feature "baggage" so I'm not sure what the issue you are facing here? You can always export (store in tab) and import again to get a "clean" model, but then it won't update if you want to make changes.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    NikNYCNikNYC Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I guess I can after all export dozens of parts at once via mere multiple selection, OK. 

There's no shift-P on iPhone though. If shift-P works then how about allowing it like usual (non-derived) in the pop-up contextual menu?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,424
    Your image above is from the web browser, which threw me - you can still hide the mate connector by hiding the derived feature (select the mate connector, two-finger click > hide derived).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI