Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

cannot change dim,ensions on a sketch

douglas_riesdouglas_ries Member Posts: 2
when I create a sketch using a box when I go to dimension it I cannot change the dimensions as it was drawn.  I click in the numerical box and change the dimension to what I want but when I hit enter it changes back to what it was without changing the dimension of the sketch.  what am I doing wrong.  I have tried to dimension a line and also selected two points and changing the dimension.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited August 2015
    Try to refresh the document (Shift+F5)
    //rami
  • douglas_riesdouglas_ries Member Posts: 2

I was working in I.E.  When I switched to Chrome browser it works.  Thanks for the help, stupid of me.

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in Chrome I used to get this occasionally, so it's a good idea to take note of @3dcad 's remedy.

I have the impression there's an even more fundamental reload for cases where a simple tab reload does not fix a problem, which is to hold down "Shift" while clicking on "Reload"

Maybe someone with browser expertise might comment on this?
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/157179?hl=en&rd=2

Normal reload:
    F5 or Ctrl+RReloads your current page.

Shift + reload:

Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5Reloads your current page, ignoring cached content.
    //rami
  • craig_galliandcraig_galliand Member Posts: 3
    I was/am having the same problem even in Chrome, But, I press the "TAB" key and it takes the dimension change, even in Chrome when I make a dimension change and press the enter key it doesn't take. So now after making a Dim change I press the TAB key and all is fine.
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    There are current limitations with Internet Explorer's implementation of WebGL that prevents editing of dimensions to work correctly.  There are no such limitations on Chrome.  If you are seeing this behavior on Chrome, please log a ticket so that we can investigate.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com